Gallbladder and Bile Duct Cancer Web

Discussion Board

Chuck was posted 08/24/2005 12:30 pm by Mary Beth
E-mail Address:

Message Text
This is just my opinion, but I would think since your mother has cancer, her primary doctor would be an oncologist. They are cancer specialists afterall (regardless of the options your mother has chosen). My mother did get chemo for 5 months and has stopped, but she still follows up with her oncologist. He prescribes, orders blood work and scans. She now sees him once a month. She occasionally has appointments with the gastro doctor to check up on her stent. My suggestion would be to find another oncologist to treat your mom. Good luck...Mary Beth

Reply to this message | Return to Main Message List

No replies on file.

DISCLAIMER: This page is an unmoderated forum, and the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.Patients are advised to consult their personal physicians before making any medical decisions.

Biliary Ca Home | Feedback | Pathology Home | Oncology Center Home
Copyright © 2020 The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Last Modified: 11/11/2002 10:50 am