|*DISCLAIMER: This page is an unmoderated forum, and the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions. Patients are advised to consult their personal physicians before making any medical decisions. |
I don't know the stage or the size (but I am going to find out). Her oncologist stated that she is not qualified to have surgery because of vein involvement. She has started treatments. Her oncologist says this a very new treatment. It consists of 5FU two times per day on days 1-14, and then Gemzar and Taxotere on days 4 and 11. This treatment is given for 3 weeks then a week is taken off. She just finished her second set and had a scan yesterday. We don't find out results until Monday.
I have been frantically searching every available site on the internet. I truly believe that one cannot have too much information about this nasty disease. My siblings can't understand how I can keep digging for more information. They find it to be too depressing. I say knowledge is power and the more we have the better we all will be.
The information I have read here is wonderful, inspiring, and the list goes
on and on. I have my list of questions in hand to ask the oncologist on
Monday. My parents have not sought for a second opinion. I question their
decision and am continually asking them to seek another opinion. I truly
want what is best for my mom. She is my inspiration and the thought of her
not seeking the best possible treatment is killing me. We live in Idaho -
200 miles from Salt Lake City. Anyone have any good advice on where we
should go for another opinion? I have researched many different facilities
throughout the country, but it is so difficult to pin point, which facility
is the best. I will take any and all advice from anyone. Thanks for your
help! Any glimmer of hope is greatly appreciated!!!! -- Trenna
Reply to this message | Return to Main Message List