Gallbladder and Bile Duct Cancer Web

Discussion Board

Kathleen was posted 08/30/2002 11:00 am by mrs
E-mail Address:

Message Text
I posted California doctors on your post a couple down on this board. Try either UCLA or USC. USC has web site at and click on physician holding the model on the page. He did my dad's surgery. Click on his C.V. for full bio on him. He has a great bed side manner and will tell you the truth about what is or is not available. My dad is over four years post-whipple with cholangiocarcinoma. This doctor comes up with new treatments as long as it is possible.

We did have one procedure done at UCLA by a radiologist who is wonderful. My dad's surgeon at USC recommended him and referred my dad to him despite the two places being each other's competition which speaks highly of his surgeon's character in my opinion. Good luck and best wishes for your friend. Try and get in to either place as soon as possible. E-mail me if you want more info. Mary

Reply to this message | Return to Main Message List


DISCLAIMER: This page is an unmoderated forum, and the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.Patients are advised to consult their personal physicians before making any medical decisions.

Biliary Ca Home | Feedback | Pathology Home | Oncology Center Home
Copyright © 2020 The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Last Modified: 11/11/2002 10:50 am