|*DISCLAIMER: This page is an unmoderated forum, and the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions. Patients are advised to consult their personal physicians before making any medical decisions. |
1. Try 'grazing'. Instead of having three meals a day. Every couple of hours have a Nutrition Drink with Peanut Butter Crackers, a bowl of creamed soup, a small dish of smashed taters and gravy, etc. We want to bulk up on proteins and carbs!
2. Adjust the Enzymes. I have to take two for snack and three for meals. You may need to take more than the doc recommended. Lots of times if the Enzymes can be increased the uneaten food will become digested properly. It takes looking at BM's and giving the increase in Enzymes time to work.
3. Do not serve empty calories. No soup broth, no salads, no drinking 1/2 before or during meals. Light exercise will actually increase feeling hungry, so a short walk is a good thing!
4. Do NOT drink out of a straw and stay away from carbonated beverages. Trapped air/gas will make one feel full.
5. Stay way from spicy, greasy (fried) and hard to digest foods (such as cabbage, onions, broccoli, beans, pickles, cucumbers -- primarily anything that causes gas/flatulence).
6. Give in to cravings. Want a Whopper? Get a Whopper. Want double chocolate chip ice cream with peanuts and hot chocolate? Get it! When I got cravings, I ate more and more stayed in/down.
Praying that this helps a little.
Reply to this message | Return to Main Message List