|*DISCLAIMER: This page is an unmoderated forum, and the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions. Patients are advised to consult their personal physicians before making any medical decisions. |
I will pray that the doctors can remove your tumor, that you will bounce back from it and than be ready for the chemo regimen to kill any cancer elsewhere in the body not detectable by imaging. Before you decide on the chemo, please do research and decide for yourself what chemo you would like to do. If I could start all over again with helping my wife decide the treatment path, the decision would have been surgery up front. My wife was resectable they said, at diagnosis but than after 6 weeks of radiation she was not.
You see, there is not an oncologist in the world that can analyze and understand a tumor in any individual and determine whether it is going to be very aggressive or what chemo would slow it or shrink it. IMO, it is best to get that tumor out of the body if it is resectable, than deal with what's left afterwards. Doctors cannot tell you with 100% certainty that some chemo will shrink it, radiation will shrink it etc. So the highest rate of certainty is, attempt the resection and if successful, you should be better off.
Glad you went the surgery route. Please let us know if they were able to remove the tumor or not.
Praying for you !
Reply to this message | Return to Main Message List