Gallbladder and Bile Duct Cancer Web

Discussion Board

gallbladder polyp was posted 12/02/2000 04:13 pm by peter argani
E-mail Address:

Message Text
Hi Diane: I think you should see a specialist in gallbladder diseases. Some polyps of the gallbladder are benign and may not cause symptoms, but others can cause symptoms and rarely can be associated with carcinoma. A specialist should be able to evaluate your radiographs and symptoms, and determine if your gallbladder needs to be removed. Given that you have been given two different opinions, i would seek the opinion of an expert. If you choose to see a physician at Hopkins, i would recommend Dr. Keith Lillemoe in the Surgery department. He has a tremendous amount of experience with Gallbadder diseases. His email is klillemo, and his office phone is 410 955-7495. good luck and be well. peter argani

Reply to this message | Return to Main Message List

No replies on file.

DISCLAIMER: This page is an unmoderated forum, and the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.Patients are advised to consult their personal physicians before making any medical decisions.

Biliary Ca Home | Feedback | Pathology Home | Oncology Center Home
Copyright © 2020 The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Last Modified: 11/11/2002 10:50 am