|*DISCLAIMER: This page is an unmoderated forum, and the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions. Patients are advised to consult their personal physicians before making any medical decisions. |
Dr suggested we stop( or take a break) gather some energy again when some stamina has returned. so far scans are clear and blood work ok. Of all the tough choices, this is proving to be one of the most difficult. Shall we stop three gemzar injecions early- will it make a significant difference. It seems the more I read, the more confused I get.I think that in our case, the lengthy pre treatment of gemzar and rad took a toll that threw us for a loop post surgery.
Originally, when the onc suggested only gemzar post whipple, I had to think long and hard about not pushing for a more aggressive treatment. I decided that, at a point, one has to make a choice and make peace with it-I am trying to begin that journey with this choice also. I know that many suffer with very tough post surgivcal chemo( and/or rad) For me, there was a strong sense of running out of the ability to cope symptom wise. I hope this doesn't sound weak, I'm just trying hard to work out the options and balance staying sane and healthy! if anyone has thoughts on this choice, I would be so grateful to know them
Reply to this message | Return to Main Message List