|*DISCLAIMER: This page is an unmoderated forum, and the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions. Patients are advised to consult their personal physicians before making any medical decisions. |
I'm sorry that doubt has clouded the options for surgery. Unfortunately, that is the case in many situations. It is rare to have a clear decision.
If you go ahead and have surgery, there is always a risk that once in there, the surgeon will find mets even though nothing shows up on the scans. My surgeon at JHH made sure I was aware of that before we headed to the OR.
On the other hand, there is no guarentee that chemo and/or chemo with radiation will eliminate any mets so that surgery is an option.
Whatever the decision that you come to, make it and proceed. Do not spend time and energy re-hashing options. It only wastes your time and does nothing to move forward in the treatments. There is always a watershed moment where we have to make a choice before the disease makes the choice for us.
Good luck and I hope another review will clarify your options.
Reply to this message | Return to Main Message List